BOOKING T & C
Tour packages are prepared and published several months in advance and the information provided therein is as accurate as possible during the time of travel. However, we do not have direct control over the suppliers as we are Tour Operators and do not own any hotels, airlines, restaurants, cruises, or coaches. Circumstances beyond our control like major road work, traffic congestions, weather conditions, fairs, festivals, sports events, political/religious gatherings, strikes, change of management/closure of hotels/restaurants, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/ re-routing of flights or railway, closure of / restricted entry at a place of sightseeing and any other circumstances not mentioned herewith may result in changes in the services/itineraries.
Therefore, we reserve the absolute right to alter, amend, change or modify the Tour Package, Itineraries, tour Schedule, travel plan, tour arrangements, and sightseeing. Where we may know of these sufficiently in advance we will notify the travelers (clients) otherwise our Tour Managers or Local Representative/s will inform you of the changes on the spot. There are also very big Fairs and Exhibitions lasting up to 2 weeks, where all the hotels are fully booked several years ahead. Every effort is made to avoid such dates, but in the few instances where it is unavoidable, it may be necessary to stay in hotels in other cities. (This would be advised as advance as possible).
Your contract is with ‘Designer Destinations’, hitherto called the ‘Company’. References to “you” and “your” in these Booking Terms & Conditions, means all persons named in the booking form (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). These booking terms and conditions ( “T&C”) describe the terms on which we will arrange the travel services you booked with us in person/ by a representative /online, including your flight, accommodation, transfer, excursion, ticket, or other travel requirements (the “Services”). References to “Supplier” means the third-party supplier of the Services and references to “Agent” means disclosed agent, undisclosed agent, or independent intermediary as applicable.
You are authorized on behalf of all persons named on the booking to disclose their details to us, including where applicable, special categories of data (such as information on health conditions or disabilities and dietary requirements). You accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking. We do not guarantee that any of the Services we advertise will still be available at the time of booking. We will let you know as soon as possible after placing an order if the Services you tried to book with us are not available.
A contract exists between us when we have confirmed that we have space available on the tour of your choice and we have received your signed Travel Confirmation Form and booking amount.
Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and us, and a contract between you and the Supplier will only exist when we (or the Supplier) provide you with a booking confirmation mail. Please check your Booking Confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately so that we can try to assist you.
If you advise us of any special requests these are not guaranteed.
ADVANCE BOOKING PAYMENT
Upon completion of the signed Booking Registration Form and once we accept you & your family members /friends on the tour and intimating to pay a booking amount to an extent of 30% or more as per the tour cost, must be paid within the time specified to the company with the copies of Aadhar card, PAN card, and Passport copies initially and the originals upon requested on a later date.
Payments should be made in the name of “Designer Destinations” by cheque or DD preferably / transferred by Net Banking. In unavoidable circumstances, cash payments are accepted. We also accept credit cards. There will be a surcharge of 2% on card payments, which will be added to the total invoice cost. For bookings that are made within 15 working days of tour departure, the full amount will become immediately payable either by DD, CASH, OR CREDIT CARD ONLY subject to accepting the booking from us.
Upon receiving the completed Booking Registration Form and the advance amount an invoice will be sent, along with a receipt for the money already paid. The full payment towards the cost of the tour must be paid at least 30 days before tour departure. Failure to pay the balance within the specified period will result in the cancellation of the booking, and the payment of a cancellation fee, as detailed below.
FAILURE TO MAKE PAYMENT
You must pay all amounts due to us on the payment due date specified at the time of booking and in your Booking Confirmation. If we are unable to collect any payment from you on the due date, we will contact you to enable you to make payment. Should we be unable to contact you or collect a payment within a reasonable timeframe, we may cancel your booking and you will forfeit all monies already paid by you. We may also be required to notify all other Suppliers who may decide to cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their booking conditions. In these circumstances, you will be liable to lose all monies previously paid.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY
If you or any member of your party wishes to cancel your holiday, you must notify us in writing only. In any case, the date of cancellation will be the date on which notice is received by us. The person who signed the confirmation form must also sign the letter of cancellation. As this incurs administrative costs and we may not be able to resell your booking, cancellation charges will apply on the following scale:
Number of days before the departure of the tour & on receiving your written cancellation request
The number of Cancellation charges shown is in % of the total tour price you must pay more more
|More than 45 days deposit||Deposit only|
|45 – 35 before the departure||40% of total tour cost|
|34 – 25 before the departure||60% of the total tour cost|
|24 days – 15 before the departure||90% of the total tour cost|
|14 days – No Show, before the departure||100% of total tour cost|
In all cases, the above cancellation fees will be applicable in INR. Force Majeure: This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include and are not limited to war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, and many more.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
If, after your confirmation, the invoice has been issued and you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example, your chosen departure date, names of passengers, or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes, but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. You may also be asked to pay an administration charge per person per change and any further costs we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITY
We are travel and tour organizers only. We do not control or operate any airline, nor do we own nor control any shipping company, coach or coach company, hotel, transport, restaurant, kitchen caravan, or any other facility or service mentioned in this Brochure. Though we take care in selecting all the ingredients for your holiday, we can only select and inspect them. As we have no control over the running of them, we cannot be responsible for any delay, improper services provided by any agency, airline, transport, hotel, any provider of services, for any injury, death, loss, or damage which is caused by the act or default of the management or employees of any hotel, airlines, shipping companies, cruise, coach owners/coach operators/tour operators who are the Company’s independent contractors.
We are also not responsible for the delay or deficiency in services provided by the agency, airline, transport, hotel, any provider of services, and/or any act or actions of co-travelers, co-passengers which may result in injury, damage to the life or property of the Client or interfere with enjoying or availing the following and /or the other services to be provided on the tour. We do take all reasonable steps in ensuring that the organization, maintains standards and provides a service that is acceptable to the company. The information within this brochure has been compiled with all reasonable care and is correct to the best knowledge of the company and is published in good faith.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND CLEARANCES
It shall be the sole responsibility of the Clients to hold valid travel documents and statutory clearances, to enable them to travel on the Tour, such as passports, insurance, medical insurance certificates, and other statutory certificates including immigration clearance. In any case, your Passport must be valid for at least six months after the scheduled departure date of the tour.
As granting or rejecting visas and immigration clearance is the sole prerogative of the concerned sovereign governments, the Operator shall neither be responsible in case of non-granting of such documents nor liable for any delay, denial, or other related act/omission or any loss, expense, damage or cost resulting therefrom. The position in respect of cancellation of a Tour by Client due to non-availability of travel documents would not change only by the Client having applied for such documents through us. Even if visas are rejected, our stipulated cancellation fees shall be payable by the Client. There will be no refund to the Client, or any member of his party, who is unable to travel due to the said reasons. In such cases, the non-refundable deposit paid by the clients shall be forfeited and no claim whatsoever shall be made for the same.
HEALTH AND INSURANCE
It shall be the duty of the Client to inform the Company in case the Client has any medical condition that may affect his ability to enjoy and pursue fully the Tour Arrangements and wherein the interest of the Group or any member thereof is prejudicially affected.
- The Company reserves the right to ask the Client to provide written certification of his medical fitness before departure. If a medical condition has not been disclosed the Company will not be liable to provide any assistance or money back.
- The Company makes it a condition that the Client is adequately covered by Overseas Mediclaim Insurance Policy and other appropriate insurance policies from the Insurance Company identified and named by us to cover the risk of life, limb and property while on tour, as Chariot World Tours Limited will not be responsible for the same.
- It may be noted that the tour cost may or may not include the insurance premium and that the clients shall have to acquire the same at their cost.
- You shall not be entitled to a refund for any amount already paid about any travel services, if you or someone you are travelling with is or becomes infected with coronavirus or if you or someone you are travelling with knowingly has come into contact with someone who has coronavirus or any other viral infection.
- In the event of falling sick due to any reason while travelling and opting for outpatient/inpatient treatment, then the company will only assist in finding out a suitable hospital for such treatment but it will be the sole responsibility of the companion/family member/ friend accompanying the tour to take care of such persons and make necessary arrangements for treatment, admission, contact insurer and make all payments to the hospital & other service providers.
- Please note that we try to provide a direct flight to your onward or return destination but ‘direct’ will not necessarily be non-stop. The flight may touch down (e.g. to refuel, or to allow passengers to embark) while still utilizing the same flight number. Sometimes we are forced to provide one or two stops flight to your onward or return destination and give you the best price offer.
- The flight reference and check-in procedures are included in your Booking Confirmation. Some airline Suppliers will require you to check in online. Failure to check-in online may result in check-in fees at the airport which you will be required to pay.
- Please ensure that all your travel documents like passport, visa, and insurance are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport.
- Flight timings can change without prior notice for several reasons. You should always look to reconfirm your flights 48 hours before departure to ensure that no change to your flight schedule has occurred. If flight timings have changed, we will take the necessary steps to make changes in the program to give you the best deal.
- All airlines have standard hand luggage & check-in allowance, which is included in your package price and indicated on your tickets. Hand luggage /check-in luggage must be no larger than the dimensions allowed by the airline. For further information please refer to the airline website.
- Most of the Airlines we use include in-flight meals. But on some flights meals aren’t provided. To confirm this please check your airline website.
- We use Airlines some of which offer refundable fares and some non-refundable fares and non-flexible flights. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these T&C’s, if we/you are booking with an airline that has a policy that bookings are non-refundable, the ticket you are purchasing is not able to be amended or refunded in the event of a cancellation. If the flight we/you are booking is flexible, then you will be able to amend your tickets by paying the Airline amendment/surcharges along with any fare increase.
- We may charge service fees for any amendments in bookings made by us on your behalf. Where the booking is made using your/our virtual credit card, an additional booking-handling fee may apply.
- A delay or cancellation of your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
We have taken care to select hotels, which are comfortable whilst keeping the cost down. Most rooms have private baths or showers. The hotels are either those shown in the itinerary or the same category. In Europe, since the rooms are comparatively small, it is recommended only 3 people are in the room for your comfort. Triple sharing rooms are usually no larger than twin rooms and the third bed is often a mattress or rollaway cot put in the twin room for the night. In the USA, generally for a triple room no extra bed or cot or mattress is provided. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and under all circumstances your responsibility. We will not be responsible or liable under any circumstances for the theft, or robbery of any of your items from the hotel.
- Check-in and Check-out –The standard check-in time is either 12 pm/2 pm/4 pm depending upon the destination you visit unless otherwise requested at the time of booking and subject to the discretion of the hotel management early check-in will be permitted. The normal check-out time from your room/hotel is by 11 am / 12 pm and some cases may be a little early too.
- Room Allocation –On arrival at the hotel & after registration/check-in, you will be allocated a room. You must verify the check-in and check-out times directly with the hotel. The fact that rooms appear listed together on the same booking itinerary does not guarantee that they will be adjacent to one another or nearby. The rooms allotted may not be on the same floor or in the same building.
- Building and Maintenance –From time to time, maintenance, renovation, or refurbishment and its associated noise are unavoidable at an accommodation. If we are notified of such works, we will inform you before you make your booking or within a reasonable time of us being notified. Please note that municipal works (e.g. road works) and other third-party building work in the vicinity of your accommodation is not the responsibility of the accommodation Supplier.
- No-Show – If you do not check in at the accommodation by the agreed time (a ‘no-show’) you will be deemed to have canceled the booking, which will incur cancellation charges of up to 100% of the booking fee.
- Accommodation Ratings And Standards –All ratings are as provided by the relevant Supplier. Standards and ratings may vary between countries and Suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
All descriptions and content on our website Flyers or any other media announced by us are done on behalf of the applicable supplier and are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the supplier. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website or Flyers or any other media. All Services shown are subject to availability and change.
We try to ensure that all the information and prices on our website or in any advertising material that we publish are accurate, but changes and errors sometimes happen and we may correct prices and other details. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the Services that you wish to book before you make your booking. Where the Service or price has been listed incorrectly and the booking has already been confirmed, we may cancel the booking and refund you
UNAVOIDABLE AND EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these T&Cs we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by extraordinary and unavoidable circumstances. “Extraordinary and unavoidable circumstances” means any event beyond our or the Supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided, even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare, acts of terrorism (or the threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease or pandemic, and natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, or weather conditions that make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labor strikes, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport, air traffic control strikes, or flight cancellations.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY THE SUPPLIER AND US
The Supplier may make a significant change to your services at any time before the start of your package holiday. If the supplier makes a significant change to your services, we will try to let you know as soon as we can, but we will have no liability to you. Examples of insignificant changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers, or minor changes to services available at the accommodation.
If you are in difficulty for any reason while you are on holiday, we will offer you appropriate assistance, e.g. information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative services. Where you require assistance that is not owing to our failure, we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative services or other assistance you require. A supplier may pay for or provide, refreshments and appropriate accommodation and you should make a payment directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these T&Cs, we will not be liable for any costs, fees, or charges you incur in the above circumstances if you fail to obtain our prior authorization. We may charge you a fee for our assistance if the difficulty is caused intentionally or negligently by you.
In the event of the Company exercising its rights to amend or alter any Tour or holiday advertised in their Brochure/ Itinerary after such Tour or Holiday has been booked, the Client shall have the right:
- To continue with the Tour or holiday as amended or altered; Or to accept any alternative Tour or holiday, which the company may offer. In either of these above cases, the Client shall not be entitled to or the company shall not be liable to the client for any damage, additional expenses, or consequential loss suffered by him or to pay any amount as a refund. If the Company is unable to conduct a particular Tour, the Company shall at its discretion, refund the amount of the cost of the said Tour to the Client (after deducting the actual expenses incurred by us on your booking like visa, insurance premium, POE charges, and other overheads as applicable from case to case) without any interest on the same. The Client will not be entitled to make any grievance thereafter in respect of the same.
The Company shall, in no circumstances whatsoever is liable to the client or any person traveling with him.
- Any death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, discomfort, increased expenses, consequential loss and/or damage or any kind of theft howsoever caused;
- Any act, omission, the default of any independent Contractor or other person or by any servant or agent employed by them who may be engaged or concerned in the provision of accommodation, refreshment, the carriage facility, or service for the client or any person traveling with him howsoever caused.
- The temporary or permanent loss of or damage to baggage or personal effects howsoever caused including willful negligence on the part of any person.
- Loss of baggage by the airlines/coach/cruise/train.
- Any damages caused to the hotel rooms/hotel property during your stay/coach you are traveling shall be payable by yourself & we ‘Designer Destinations’ will not be liable for the same.
- Overbooking of seats by the airline.
- Failure on the part of the airline to accommodate passengers despite having confirmed tickets or a change of route.
- If the Client is booked on a particular airline and the said flight is overbooked/canceled for whatever reason and the Client is not allowed/able to board the flight, the Client shall not hold the company responsible for the same and no claim whatsoever can be made by the Client against the company for refund or compensation.
- The Company shall not be responsible and/or liable for any damages caused to the Client due to reasons beyond the control of the Company (Force Majeure / Vis Majeure).
- In any case, no liability on the part of the Company arising in any way out of this contract in respect of any tour, holiday, or excursion facility shall exceed the total amount paid for the tour holiday, and shall in no case include any consequential loss or additional expense whatsoever.
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
In the event of the Company exercising its rights to amend or alter any Tour or holiday advertised in their Brochure/ Itinerary after such Tour or Holiday has been booked, the Client shall have the right:
- The Client will have to strictly follow the Tour Program and return to India as per the validity of the air ticket. There shall be no refund if the client fails to join the group at the commencement of the tour, joins the group later, or leaves the group before the culmination of the tour. It shall be noted that for all purposes, it shall be the responsibility of the Client to reach the place of commencement of the Tour and register with the representative of the company at the appointed place, date, and time. In case a client along with his family is compelled to discontinue the tour due to any reason whatsoever including illness, death, or loss of passport or any travel documents, no claim shall be entertained for refund of unutilized services. Even if a client is unable to reach the place of commencement of the tour due to any reason whatsoever including loss of baggage or loss of travel documents, his booking shall be treated as “no show” on the tour and 100% cancellation charges will be levied. If a client avails pre-tour services or part thereof, or the air tickets (cost of which is included in the main tour cost) but fails to join the group for the main tour at the appointed place, or cancels the tour after using the air tickets; tour arrangements or part thereof, it shall be treated as “no show” and there will be no refund whatsoever for the unutilized pre-tour or main tour services.
- Destinations reserve the right to withdraw tour membership from anyone whose behavior is deemed likely to affect the smooth operation of the tour or adversely affect the enjoyment or safety of other passengers and Designer Destinations shall be under no liability to any such person. It is hereby declared that the immunities provided under this contract shall be available to the Company’s Managers, including Tour Managers, Employees, Servants, and Agents but not to the Independent Contractors selected by the Company.
- Each of these conditions shall be severable from the other and if any provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless have full force and effect. No liability on the part of the Company arising in any way out of the Contract in respect of any tour, holiday, or excursion facilities shall exceed the total amount paid or agreed to be paid for the tour holiday, and shall in no case include any consequential loss or additional expense whatsoever.
- If no suit/action is brought against the Company within three months of the last day of the Tour, the Company shall be discharged from all liabilities under/or arising out of this Contract and the Client shall be deemed to have relinquished/abandoned all his rights under or arising from this Contract.
- If you book with a travel agent and your booking with that agent includes but is not limited to Designer Destinations arrangements, your contract is with your travel agent, and Designer Destination is simply a supplier to your travel agent.
In case of publication of any travel scheme offering any discount or benefit by the Company, it shall have the sole right to withdraw such a scheme or discount at any time unless a specific assurance of the contrary is published.
REASONS FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR DATA:
We will only collect and use your data if at least one of the following conditions applies:
- We have your consent;
- It is necessary for a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- we must comply with a legal obligation;
- It is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another individual;
- It is in the public interest or we have official authority to do so; or
- it is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests and these are not overridden by your interests or rights.
LAW & JURISDICTION
For all complaints, suits, claims, or disputes of whatsoever nature relating to any products by Designer Destinations and third-party products and tours the courts, and tribunals in Bangalore, India alone shall have exclusive jurisdiction. All tours are subject to the laws, and rules of RBI/GOI.